Saturday, January 12, 2008

my dad and socrates

The reason one writes isn't the fact he wants to say something. He writes because he has something to say.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald


Thursday night, as many of you know, was my father's book signing at Barnes & Noble in Manhasset, and - of course =) - it was a grand success!!

As always, hearing my dad talk about his book and his work and seeing how people listen so intently to everything he has to say, I can only hope that one day my book signings will be as dynamic and my writing as influential.

Thank you to all those who made the evening so awesome, and for those who didn't get a chance to make it out, you can always still pick up a copy of the book, Socrates: A Life Examined. It will be just like a book signing/discussion... without the signing part... and a little less discussion.

Congratulations, Dad =)

No comments: