Tuesday, November 20, 2007

words, words, and more words

The secret of becoming a writer is to write, write and keep on writing.
- Ken MacLeod

The challenge - 50,000 words in November

The status - 30,435 words to go

The goal - 175 pages worth of novel

With only 10 days left in the month, it's clear that I better start writing with some serious intensity if I intend to conquer that lofty word count.

Fortunately, a getaway to Newport, Rhode Island this past weekend gave me food for thought and all the historic inspiration I need at the moment, complete with the craziest mansions, the most beautiful harbor views, Wimbedon-quality grass courts, an abundance of museums, great food (no hotel is complete without free continental breakfasts and Belgian waffle makers), cool music, and a scenic town that we're already excited to go back and explore.

Pictures are sure to follow =)

With some imagination and a lot of determination, writing 50,000 words is the easy part. It's the editing where things always get interesting.

Did I mention I have several articles and a research paper to write, too?

Yeah, it's definitely going to be an interesting next few weeks =P

No comments: