Saturday, December 1, 2007

remember, remember the month of november

But words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.
- Lord Byron

So I finally did it - 50,000+ words written in November (National Novel Writing Month, for those of you that might not be aware), making me an official NaNoWriMo 2007 winner!!

Is my novel complete? Not even close. Is it further along than it was one month ago? Most definitely.

Now, alas, there is more writing to be done - research papers, essays, articles, online magazines, and, of course, blogging, to name just a few.

After this next week, I will be able to put the pen down and the typewriter away to make way instead for presents and trees and lights.

Who knows, maybe I'll have a few interesting things to write about Christmas when the time comes around =)

No comments: