Monday, July 7, 2008

a flicker, then a flame

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader.
- Robert Frost

It's taken some time, but dammit, I've done it. Chapter 1 has officially been revised, submitted to my writing group, and (breathe) given a markedly positive assessment.

From the revision, which actually didn't take much time at all once I actually forced myself to sit down and do it, more ideas, more characterization, more plot points, more specifics, and more notes to address have emerged, and it's all so very awesome. It's tangible.

My goal by the end of the week is to have revised Chapters 2 and 3 and have an extensive outline for Chapters 6 - 10. Ugh - which will of course mean I have to start rereading the 100+ pages I've already written, including the parts where I was half asleep and managed to tactfully maneuver my way around gaping plot holes. Yeah, that's gonna be fun to decipher.

So yes, thank you all for not inviting me to any movies, parties, or hanging out time in the last week since my my most recent post. Keep up the great let's-all-help-Melissa-stop-procrastinating work!!

That is what you're doing, right?

Right?

Guys??

1 comment:

Alex K. said...

Hey, I would have commented earlier, but I was hanging out at the movies and parties with all your friends and loved ones, as per your request.

I can't wait to read the revisions of chapter one, and Im been eagerly awaiting the rest of the book as well.
you know I published a children's book, right? it was called "the elephant and the balloon" :)