Thursday, October 18, 2007

just breathe

I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die.
- Isaac Asimov

Writing, writing, writing. So time consuming, and yet what else is there to do?

Right now I have two magazine articles, several essays, and a research paper to attend to, but all I want to do is write Chapter 3 of the book I started last week.

Not to mention that November 1 begins National Novel Writer's Month and the challenge to write 175 pages, 50,000 words of a completely new novel that I have 30 days to complete.

A lot of writing, and all the time in the world, but inspiration starts to run dry when not enough hours are spent sleeping and so many more are spent worrying.

There should be days set aside just for writing and dreaming and letting go of. . . everything.

No comments: